• Classroom Presentations
• Don't Drive
• School Calendar
• Teacher Materials
• Bright Ideas Grants
Partners in Education
HTC REEL Kids
"Bright Ideas" Grants for Educators
HTC and Horry Electric Cooperative are excited to announce the launch of Bright Ideas, a grant program to provide funding for innovative classroom-based education projects. "Bright Ideas" grants are intended to fund projects outside normal public school funding parameters and can be made available to all disciplines in grades K-12 in Horry County.
A school may submit an application, and teachers are limited to one application per year. Click here for the application and more information regarding guidelines and criteria for the Bright Ideas program. Applications can be emailed HERE.
- Teachers in grades K-12 in Horry County.
- Projects must benefit students in grades K-12.
- Teachers may only be an applicant or team member of one project per school year.
- Grants are open to all subject areas.
- Projects can be funded up to $1000.00 (or approved budgeted amount).
- Or, they may be partially funded. The maximum grant amount is $1,000.00.
- Provides instructional experiences otherwise unavailable-(counts 20 percent).
- Uses innovative, creative learning experiences for students-(counts 15 percent).
- Demonstrates the value and use of technology-(counts 15 percent).
- Involves teamwork-(counts 15 percent).
- Directly involves students-(counts 10 percent).
- Includes clearly defined goals and learning objectives-(counts 10 percent).
- Provides an adequate budget summary-(counts 15 percent)
If a grant is awarded, the following must be completed:
- Grant must be used within 18 months.
- Applicant will submit a report about the grant.
- Applicant and team members must allow HTC and HEC to use their name, photo and information about the grant in publicity materials and on-line videos.